Quick & Easy Avocado Chocolate Mousse
After a decadent chocolatey sweet treat? You won’t be able to look past this super simple avocado chocolate mousse. Avocados are a fabulous food for promoting skin health, as they’re loaded with skin-loving nutrients, like vitamin E, dietary fibre and nourishing fats. Perfect now that Hass avocados are back in season!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or less or more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Peel avocado, removing the outer green skin. Place the green flesh into a food processor, and then add the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Taste test and adjust to your preferences - add more cacao for a deeper chocolate flavour or a touch more sweetener if you want to sweeten it further. Blend again.
- Place mixture into a bowl/serving glasses and keep in the fridge for an hour to firm up. Pair with a few spoons of your choice of yogurt and berries. Enjoy!
Danijela Unkovich is a nutritionist and blogger at Healthy Always, where she shares recipe ideas and wellness inspiration.