Michelle Yandle's lunchbox frittatas
Most of us lead busy lives, especially during the week, which can leave us little time to consider our food choices at lunch time. The healthiest option isn't always the fastest, which is why we love this frittata recipe. They're high in protein, full of vegetables, and because they're baked in muffin tins, they're perfect for lunches on the go.
- 12 organic eggs
- 1 large handful of chopped greens (I used silverbeet)
- 1 chopped capsicum
-1/2 cup crumbled goats feta cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cherry tomatoes to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a 12 muffin tin
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour about ¼ cup worth into each of the tins. If you don't have a non-stick tin you may want to use a cupcake liner here. Place a sliced tomato on top of each one.
- Bake until raised and firm to the touch. Mine took about 45 minutes
- Allow to cool before removing from the muffin tins
Store in the fridge.
Michelle Yandle is a certified health and nutrition coach, who aims through her blog to provide recipes that are really simple to make. Alongside her blog, her Facebook page has lots of nutritious ideas for meals and snacks, as well as wellness and lifestyle tips.