Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: September 17 2021At ecostore, we’ve never just focused on the ‘money’ side of the business. For us it’s always been about making the world a safer place, putting people’s health first and helping them choose products without nasty chemicals.Read more
- Published on: March 23 2023Read more
Did you know that Aussies munched their way through $226 million worth of Easter Eggs in 2021? But we think Easter treats come in all shapes and sizes, egg shaped or otherwise. Like everything here at ecostore, Easter is an opportunity to find a more planet-friendly way of doing things. In the spirit of this, here are 5 ways you can enjoy a few Easter treats and reduce waste this easter.
- Published on: February 13 2023Read more
For those of us that care about the wellbeing of the planet, daily chores can be a bit of a minefield. Do I go for compostable or recyclable bin liners? Which ingredients in my home cleaning products are effective, but also safe to use in my home? Is it wise to even say, let alone spray, “Phthalates”? So many questions. Luckily, we have plenty of answers.
Here are our top 5 dishwashing hacks to help you boost your eco creds at home, every single day.
- Published on: December 06 2022Read more
Carrots are still in abundance throughout the year, it’s the one vegetable I see consistently in my weekly veggie box- so I’m always coming up with multiple ways to eat them. This is a fab recipe if you are having guests over for drinks and do try the ‘gluten-free’ buckwheat crackers too, a great way to impress your gluten-free friends.
- Published on: September 15 2022Read more
Try this persian spiced cauliflower. Great for using up all of the humble cauliflower. For the vegan version just omit the butter and eggs and make a quick tahini dressing to drizzle over instead.
- Published on: July 14 2022Read more
You’re mostly nailing the recycling in your kitchen, but what about in your closet? While the most sustainable garments are the ones already in your wardrobe, at some point in the future, you’re likely to need (and want) to go shopping.
- Published on: June 30 2022In the winter months you’ll no doubt have your beds full of cabbages, caulis, broccoli (those in the South will be able to grow Brussels sprouts too), along with kales, spinach and silverbeet, carrots, beetroot and parsnips, maybe some leeks too.Read more
- Published on: June 27 2022Don’t like beetroot? Make this recipe, as a side to family meal, or as a healthy warming lunch - it’s a game changer and a great way to get in one of your ‘five-a-day’. Make it vegan simply by using the substitutes ingredients below.Read more