Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: June 28 2020Our bodies are incredible – something to be marvelled. Headaches, sniffles, aches, and pains are not our body's way of punishing us for no reason. These symptoms are our body trying to bring us back into a balanced healthy state – flushing out nasty bugs and viruses from our system.Read more
- Published on: August 12 2020This delicious, easy to make, naturally sweetened granola is a fabulous staple for any healthy pantry. For breastfeeding mums, having something quick and nutritious for breakfast is so very important. Oats are a really nourishing, mineral rich grain that are high in fibre and protein.Read more
- Published on: May 01 2020Getting the house ready for a new baby is one of the most fun parts of pregnancy. However, if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with what you do and don’t need, we have you covered with our guide to the essentials.Read more
- Published on: July 28 2020Here at The New Joneses, we have never successfully eliminated ‘all the plastic.’ So don’t stress if you can’t go completely plastic-free either. This Plastic Free July, how about starting by eliminating single use plastics? Then, over time, you can work on avoiding others wherever you can. We’re super aware that Covid-19 is making it a little more challenging, but do your best, and remember, every bit counts.Read more
- Published on: September 10 2020This Spring, we’re thinking about the ways we can help each other breathe a little easier, and improve our collective, long-term lung health, fitness and overall wellbeing. One way to reduce the impact of asthma on our everyday lives is to keep our homes as free from irritants and allergens as possible.Read more
- Published on: September 16 2020Many parents and children have experienced restrictions on their activities due to COVID-19 over the last few months. The necessity of the situation has seen many kids less active and being on screens significantly more. With school holidays coming up and the weather improving it’s a great time to get the kids outside and get them moving.Read more
- Published on: September 16 2020Winter is a tough time for many of us to keep our health and wellness routines on track, but this year has been a real doozy. They say life happens while we are busy planning other things and I have to say, life really caught us off guard this time.Read more
- Published on: September 16 2020Spring is the time we think about the soil that’s going to grow our summer bounty. There’s so much advice out there as well as loads of good products and it can be very confusing. There are fertilisers, and there are soil conditioners and while they’re different from one another, they’re both essential for good soil health.Read more
- Published on: September 10 2019Read more
They may be proportionately small, but kids have a tendency to attract a whole lotta stuff and waste into your home. Being an aspiring minimalist and zero-waster, I've had to come up with a few simple strategies to help me and the little humans navigate things.