The start of a new year is always a strange time, often a mix of excitement and anxiety of what the next twelve months may hold. In 2018, instead of spending those weird days in between Christmas and New Year’s Day dwelling on all my shortcomings, I did the opposite. I listed all of my favourite things I did that year and looked at everything I had achieved.
Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: January 31 2020Read more
- Published on: February 06 2020Read more
The increasing consumerism of Valentine's Day doesn't mean you have to give in to it. Yes, it’s still possible to celebrate love in a conscious way.
- Published on: March 06 2020Sunday 8th March is International Women’s Day 2020 – a global day celebrating the achievements of women, and a call to action for accelerating gender equality. At ecostore, we’re celebrating New Zealand women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and highlighting how we can all help more women to create, invent and discover a better tomorrow.Read more
- Published on: October 22 2019After a (very unscientific) workplace survey, we established that spring is most people’s favourite season. Springtime brings with it the promise of flowers, longer evenings, and pulling summer clothes out of storage. As we emerge from winter hibernation, here are a few ways to embrace the joys of spring in your bathroom by refreshing your personal care routine.Read more
- Published on: November 27 2019I’m tired of hearing the stories about people who quit their day job, and now work remotely from a poolside in Bali or found their passion as a fulltime cupcake decorator. Surely that is not the answer for all of us, there has to be a large number of us stuck in the humdrum of fulltime work for society to function as it does.Read more
- Published on: September 10 2019Read more
My mum immigrated to New Zealand more than a decade before I was born, but even now, I’d say she still hasn’t fully adjusted to the cooler climate. So while I’ve never lived anywhere where it snows during winter, I grew up practicing hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) - the now ridiculously popular Danish concept of cosiness.
- Published on: October 29 2019Skincare products labelled “dermatologically tested” mean that a dermatologist has looked into how the skin is likely to react to the product and its ingredients. But the method and type of test can vary. So what should you look for, and what should you avoid?Read more