Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: May 19 2020Never before has humble hand washing emerged as such a hero. It’s our first line of defence in our battle against coronaviruses like COVID-19. And unlike masks, eye shields or vaccines, soap is something that’s accessible and affordable for most of us.Read more
- Published on: May 28 2020Is your home ready for winter? Now’s an excellent time to think about making sure your family’s home is as snug and warm as possible. Making your energy budget work harder means making your home as energy efficient as possible. All of these energy saving ideas are relatively low cost and quick fixes, and some are as simple as flicking a switch.Read more
- Published on: May 28 2020Maintaining the balance of creating and consuming is something that I know is beneficial to my mental wellbeing, but it’s not so easy to put into practice. In the last few weeks I’ve noticed that my consumption has drastically outweighed my output.Read more
- Published on: June 16 2020There’s nothing that says Summer better than Strawberries and the middle of Winter is the time to plant them! If you don’t have any growing at your place, they’re just coming into the shops now (mid-June). If you’ve been growing new plants from the runners of old ones, they will have been ready for a month or so by now and you can actually start planting these homegrown plants from mid-May onwards.Read more
- Published on: June 28 2020We inhale; we exhale. Most of the time this process happens completely unconsciously, we’re unaware of the magic that is happening as we breathe. In the video below I’ll show you a breath-work technique to help you harness the power of your breath.Read more
- Published on: June 29 2020Read more
When talking with my clients I often hear them say they wish they had more will power or if only they could commit to a plan then they would be fine. My answer to them is always the same – it’s not your fault and it’s not will power that will get you across the finish line.
- Published on: July 28 2020Here at The New Joneses, we have never successfully eliminated ‘all the plastic.’ So don’t stress if you can’t go completely plastic-free either. This Plastic Free July, how about starting by eliminating single use plastics? Then, over time, you can work on avoiding others wherever you can. We’re super aware that Covid-19 is making it a little more challenging, but do your best, and remember, every bit counts.Read more
- Published on: July 30 2020When baby is unhappy or distressed, we want to leap into action to try and soothe away whatever is bothering them. Many times, a baby cries when they are hungry, tired or their nappy needs a change. Other times, they may simply be looking for some snuggle time with you.Read more