Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: June 30 2021Winter is the best time of the year to plant pip and stone fruit. At this time of year you’ll be able to buy bare-rooted fruit trees. The advantages of a bare-rooted fruit tree are they can have up to twice as many roots as trees in bags and they usually cost less.Read more
- Published on: June 30 2021With the shortest day of the year behind us, it is the perfect time for a midyear reset. Every year, I plan to read more than the previous year, some years it happens, others you would never know that I even made an attempt. My list of ‘books I want to read’ continues to grow faster than I can get through them, so choosing which title comes next is becoming increasingly difficult.Read more
- Last year I attended an online writers’ workshop - which left me feeling more inspired than ever. I proudly declared to my fellow writing friends that I would be putting pen to paper every day for at least 20 minutes.Read more
- Published on: May 14 2021This recipe for butter chickpea curry has become a favourite since we started making it for our Auckland-based meal delivery service. We’ve used roasted cashew butter and coconut milk to give it a luscious, creamy texture. It’s perfect to have with rice or flatbreads and freezes really well.Read more
- Published on: May 13 2021American comedian Phyllis Diller once observed "Cleaning the house while your kids are still growing is like shovelling the walk before it stops snowing." A sentiment most parents can sympathise with. But while it’s challenging to keep things shipshape with kids at home, there are a few strategies to make things easier on the orderly front.Read more
- Published on: April 23 2021Read more
This endeavour (like most creative things I undertake) was sparked by a desire to prove my imaginary haters wrong. I saw a recipe by Whittaker’s about their vegan caramel Easter eggs, and thought – I’ll show you (no one), I can make that!