Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: March 26 2020With a lot of the ecostore team switching to remote working, we’re having to do many things differently. As a team, we’ve been learning and practising some of these self-care tips to help you look after yourself while you take care of business.Read more
- Published on: March 16 2020No space or equipment? Want to work out? No problem! In fact, this is an absolute favourite of mine – I love working out using just my own body weight for resistance and conditioning. And the small space means I have all I need at hand and don’t need to clear anything away, move furniture or avoid exercising due to the location I’m in.Read more
- Published on: February 27 2020Read more
The French call it ‘raison d’être’, but it’s the Japanese who have elevated finding one’s ‘reason for being’ into an art form – summed up perfectly in the word Ikigai. So what exactly is Ikigai, and how do you get this good thing in your life?
- Published on: January 31 2020Read more
The start of a new year is always a strange time, often a mix of excitement and anxiety of what the next twelve months may hold. In 2018, instead of spending those weird days in between Christmas and New Year’s Day dwelling on all my shortcomings, I did the opposite. I listed all of my favourite things I did that year and looked at everything I had achieved.
- Published on: December 16 2019Read more
Exercising with limited mobility might be a little more challenging but it is definitely worth the extra effort and creativity. The benefits of improved mood, relieving stress and boosting self-esteem are just some of the great reasons to include movement into your routine and go a long way to creating a happy, healthy life.
- Published on: November 14 2019Even if you’ve never set foot on an aircraft, it’s likely that you’re familiar with the instruction to ‘put your own mask on before helping others’. It’s because you are no use to anyone else if your own needs are not being met.Read more
- Published on: November 27 2019I’m tired of hearing the stories about people who quit their day job, and now work remotely from a poolside in Bali or found their passion as a fulltime cupcake decorator. Surely that is not the answer for all of us, there has to be a large number of us stuck in the humdrum of fulltime work for society to function as it does.Read more
- Published on: September 10 2019Read more
My mum immigrated to New Zealand more than a decade before I was born, but even now, I’d say she still hasn’t fully adjusted to the cooler climate. So while I’ve never lived anywhere where it snows during winter, I grew up practicing hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) - the now ridiculously popular Danish concept of cosiness.