Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: March 18 2021Our kids learn far more from our actions on a daily basis than what they do from us telling them what the right thing to do is. Teaching kids about reducing waste is one area where this is especially true. We need to be doing the best we can within our means to reduce waste and having processes and systems set up to support our kids to do the same.Read more
- Published on: February 12 2021Read more
There are tonnes of benefits for your health and our planet that come with reducing your meat intake. With many Kiwis and Australians moving to a vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian lifestyle, it’s also becoming easier to discover new plant-based products and plant-based places to eat. Which makes this year the perfect time to try meat reducing.
- Published on: December 13 2020I love the buzz of the festive season - the socialising, the onset of summer weather, the palpable pre-holiday excitement. But there are a few things that the festive season brings that I’m not such a fan of. There’s the slightly frenzied and overwhelmed mood, the crazy spike in spending, consumption, and waste, the traffic jams… It’s not that great for our own wellbeing, or the wellbeing of the planet.Read more
- Published on: December 02 2020Every year, I find Christmas conflicting, I hold two beliefs at once – in Psychology they call this cognitive dissonance. I love Christmas carols, the smell of fresh pine, and the endless opportunities to enjoy potatoes - but it is also often marked by unnecessary consumerism, which leads to more waste for our already suffocating planet.Read more
- Published on: November 22 2020I hate the glorification of busyness. There’s nothing admirable about how far you can run yourself down before something has to give – but the reality is, most of us find ourselves juggling several commitments at once. Everyone experiences different levels of busy, and those tend to ebb and flow.Read more
- Published on: May 28 2020Is your home ready for winter? Now’s an excellent time to think about making sure your family’s home is as snug and warm as possible. Making your energy budget work harder means making your home as energy efficient as possible. All of these energy saving ideas are relatively low cost and quick fixes, and some are as simple as flicking a switch.Read more
- Published on: March 16 2020Does the term ‘zero waste shopping’ conjure up images of a life spent eating solely dried pulses and nuts? For anyone who’s not an Instagram influencer who’s elevated the virtue of the perfect waste-free pantry to an art form, never fear – there are plenty of ways to reduce your waste while grocery shopping.Read more
- Published on: March 08 2020Read more
As we entered the new decade with the world literally on fire, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to ignore that we need to take drastic action when it comes to preserving our natural resources, sooner rather than later.
- Published on: February 06 2020Read more
The increasing consumerism of Valentine's Day doesn't mean you have to give in to it. Yes, it’s still possible to celebrate love in a conscious way.