The French call it ‘raison d’être’, but it’s the Japanese who have elevated finding one’s ‘reason for being’ into an art form – summed up perfectly in the word Ikigai. So what exactly is Ikigai, and how do you get this good thing in your life?
Read the latest on our blog
From composting and organic gardening tips to wholesome recipes and help around the house. Explore, learn and be inspired by our community of sustainability, health and wellness warriors.
- Published on: February 27 2020Read more
- Published on: March 16 2020No space or equipment? Want to work out? No problem! In fact, this is an absolute favourite of mine – I love working out using just my own body weight for resistance and conditioning. And the small space means I have all I need at hand and don’t need to clear anything away, move furniture or avoid exercising due to the location I’m in.Read more
- Published on: March 26 2020With a lot of the ecostore team switching to remote working, we’re having to do many things differently. As a team, we’ve been learning and practising some of these self-care tips to help you look after yourself while you take care of business.Read more
- Published on: April 08 2020Stress, tension and tough times are an inevitable part of being human, especially at the moment. The more we challenge ourselves and lead lives that are full and productive – the more overwhelm and stress we will inevitably feel.Read more
- Published on: May 04 2020With so much focus on Covid-19 right now, it’s natural that people are looking for ways to protect themselves and their families that go beyond physical distancing and hand washing. We asked Nutritionist Kaytee Boyd for some ways we can support overall immunity.Read more
- Published on: May 28 2020Maintaining the balance of creating and consuming is something that I know is beneficial to my mental wellbeing, but it’s not so easy to put into practice. In the last few weeks I’ve noticed that my consumption has drastically outweighed my output.Read more
- Published on: November 27 2019I’m tired of hearing the stories about people who quit their day job, and now work remotely from a poolside in Bali or found their passion as a fulltime cupcake decorator. Surely that is not the answer for all of us, there has to be a large number of us stuck in the humdrum of fulltime work for society to function as it does.Read more
- Published on: September 10 2019Read more
My mum immigrated to New Zealand more than a decade before I was born, but even now, I’d say she still hasn’t fully adjusted to the cooler climate. So while I’ve never lived anywhere where it snows during winter, I grew up practicing hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) - the now ridiculously popular Danish concept of cosiness.
- Published on: September 18 2019Exercise can be challenging enough for many people but for those who suffer from asthma it can be especially difficult. Both the fear of triggering an asthma attack and not understanding or knowing what types of exercise might be suitable and beneficial can prevent many people from getting involved in regular exercise.Read more